Healthy, super easy, light and unbelievably creamy pasta dish…
- 1 packet of pasta (any shape) I used Bavette
- 2 small ripe avocados
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tsp of basil pesto (I used the ready made because I couldn’t find basil to make pesto from scratch 😦 and I really wanted to have a creamy avocado sauce)
- Half of squeezed lemon
If you want to make your own avocado pesto blend the below and add to pasta:
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 bunch of basil
- Handful of walnuts and pine nuts
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan
- 1/2 squeezed lemon
- 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
Smash the avocados with a fork, mix with all above ingredients except for pasta.
Meanwhile place a large pot with water on the stove and boil, salt generously, add pasta and cook as directed on the packet.
Important pasta making tip, make sure you keep about a cup of the starchy water to mix with your sauce this tip is for all pasta dishes.
In a serving bowl mix the pasta and pesto and some of the starchy warm water until you reach the desired thickness for the sauce, shave some Parmesan on top with a sprinkle of pine nuts which I clearly forgot because I was super hungry!