This Easter I wanted to make Ka’ak and Maamoul (the recipe will be posted soon), which is more common to be served on Easter, and Islamic holidays, but decided on ghraybeh since its easier and less time consuming, so without further ado I present to you the ingredients:
- 2 Cups room temperature butter (you can use clarified butter, or Ghee instead, ghee gives it a more authentic flavor).
- 1 1/2 cups of confectioners sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 3 cups of flour
- pine nuts and pistachios
- Start by beating the room temperature butter, sugar and salt in a hand mixer until the butter becomes a pale yellow.
- Add the vanilla, flour and mix, you w ill know that the batter is ready when you try to make a ball and the dough doesn’t stick to your hands, it is better to let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Form into balls and garnish with pine nuts and pistachios.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms are a light (stressing on light) golden color.
- Serve at room temperature.
Hope you guys try this recipe and tell me how it turns out