An amazing breakfast item “Called Ejeh in Arabic” that can be eaten any time actually, I grew up having it on weekend mornings, I can describe it as a mix between an omelet and a frittata, it is super easy to make and very delicious.
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbs chopped mint
- 1 small shallot (finely minced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely minced)
- Olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 ½ tsp of bharat
- Start with finely chopping the parsley, mint, shallot, and garlic.
- Go ahead and add the chopped mixture to the eggs after beating them in a mixing bowl with a fork, season with salt and BHARAT according to your liking.
- Heat your frying pan with olive oil (to cover the bottom of the pan), add the eggs mixture and cook on medium heat.
- At this point you can either cover the pan with a lid and let the eggs cook through, or once it sets in the bottom transfer the frying pan to the oven or under a broiler to cook the top.
Serve it with pita bread or any kind of flat bread, a refreshing green salad, and spicy Middle Eastern olives.